Re: Why British

To: rdonahue@holli.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Why British
From: RJohn50603@aol.com
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 1997 19:32:32 -0500 (EST)
In a message dated 97-03-12 02:40:07 EST, rdonahue@holli.com (Robert J.
Donahue) writes:

<< When I was six years old, I went to the museum of science and industry
 in Chicago with my grandmother and cousin. This was in 1956. The museum had
 a replica old time city block on display. I don't know exactly what period
 was being portrayed, but I do remember gas lamp posts along the street.
 There was a photographer there set up to take your picture in an antique
 car. Well my cousin and I got in the car and our picture was taken, I still
 have the picture. What was the car? It was an MG-TD! This so called antique
 car was only about four years old at the time.  >>

Bob,

Hey, Remember me? I was there at the same time.

I spent a lot of time in the stair well that had all of the mechanical "you
turn it" displays (like geneva gears, etc.). The Tesla coil up on the third
floor balcony was also pretty impressive when they demostrated it every hour
too. I'm building a 500 KV one now. It lights all of the florescent lights in
my shop without them being turned on.

By the way, the street is still there (the TD is not). So is the coal mine.
My youngest son and I visited Chicago to do the museum thing two years ago.

R. Johnson - Dallas

'90 Maine Coon
'79 Midget
'76 Midget