Re: Why British

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Why British
From: thomas_pokrefke@juno.com (Thomas J Pokrefke)
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 1997 12:04:44 EST
On Thu, 13 Mar 1997 19:46:08 -0500 Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
writes:
>  Why British? Mr. Bean.

I learned a lesson the hard way.  If you ever see a person that looks
like Mr. Bean. don't point him out to your friends.  I attended mass at
the beautiful St. Louis Cathedral in New Orlans this summer with my
girlfriend.  The lay person in charge of making sure everything went
smoothly was Mr. Bean's twin.  I pointed this out to my girlfriend and we
both enjoyed a quiet laugh.  She pointed out that they even had the same
cheap suits and goofy manerisms.
About halfway through the service, Mr. Bean tapped me on the shoulder and
motioned me to follow him.  "Cripes", I said to myself.  "Mr. Bean is
going to boot me out of church."  Luckily for me, Mr. Bean only wanted me
to present the gifts at the alter, but I was so ashamed at my lack of
respect for this man that I hung my scarlet-red face in shame.

The moral?  Never make fun of Mr. Bean's twins.  Nerds always have the
last laugh.

A much vindicated
Thomas James Pokrefke, III
1970 MGB