re:007

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: re:007
From: kbedford@biggles.uk03.bull.co.uk (Keith Bedford)
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 09:11:35 +0000 (GMT)
 I believe the bedpan reference was because the B was a convertible -
secret agents don't like convertibles, they're too conspicuous, the
driver can be seen (a double whammy for Bond - the bad guys can see him
and we can see when the stunt driver takes over).
And they are NOT bullet-proof!.

Was the Sunbeam Alpine Bond drove in Dr No open-topped? I seem to remember
it was a hard-top (and incapable of outrunning a hearse on a twisty road!)

The 'real' Bond (in Fleming's books) drove a supercharged Bently of course.

Someone said MGBs got a poor reception in England - not true, it was
Britains most popular sports car. The MG mafia criticised it's shape
(not as curvy as the MGA) but these were the same people who criticised
the MGA (too curvy, not straight like the MG T).
And of course the only 'real' MGs were pre-war....:^) (thats WWII)

MGB's are still very popular in England - yesterday I saw half-a-dozen
including two CB GT's in convoy, a very nice 66 'Old English White' GT
driven by an old gent with beard whiter than his car and a (tuned?)
convertible on Minilites that shot off down the M4 and left my Cavalier
behind (shame - the length of this weeks journeys has made me leave the
77 GT at home :().

Also seen were a dozen each (approx) of MG F's and Miatas - these are
easily the most popular new sports cars here.
--
  Keith Bedford                         keith.bedford@uk03.bull.co.uk
  Bull Information Systems