RE: Regarding Weber Fuel Economy -Reply -Reply

To: Simon.MATTHEWS@st.com
Subject: RE: Regarding Weber Fuel Economy -Reply -Reply
From: Leckstein <bleckstein@monmouth.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 04:23:24 -0500
At 02:15 PM 3/13/97 +0100, Simon.MATTHEWS@st.com wrote:
>     Mike,
>
>     nope. As I mentioned before, the definition of a fluid oz also seems
>     to differ between Imperial and US measurements, so a US gallon is
>     about 5/6 of an imperial gallon (and, of course, a US pint is about
>     5/6 of an imperial pint).
>
>     Regards,
>             Simon

Simon,  This really got me curious. I U.S. ounce is 1.04 UK.  Thus 1 UK
ounce is .961 U.S. ounce.1 gallon UK is 160 ouncesU.K. Thus 1 gallon UK is
153.8 US ounces.

Now then the Imperial gallon is one U.S. gallon, plus 25.18 ounces or 6.8
ounces shy of  an extra quart. Thus the U.S. gallon is .83 of an Imperial
gallon. Yikes this is nuts, especially without a calculator. I'm doing
this by long division!

In conclusion Simon, your are  right ! Do these measurement hold for the
old Canadian Imperial gallon , or did they use US ounces. Oh give me the
metric system

Mike