Re: 69 MGB Oil filter mount wanted

To: lelands@dow.com
Subject: Re: 69 MGB Oil filter mount wanted
From: larryhoy@juno.com (Larry A Hoy)
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 13:31:58 EST
Hi Leland, is your filter, a filter cartridge, or a spin on filter?  If
it has a filter cartridge it sounds as if you are describing the stock
filter mount of the 69B.  The design is *very* poor and leads to
premature engine failure.  It is generally recommended that the oil
filter assembly be upgraded to a later style filter.  The stock 69B setup
allows the oil to drain from the cannister back to the sump, when the car
is started the oil pump fills the oil cannister first and then lubricates
the bearings, not good.  Having said all this the answer to your question
is yes, I do have the stock oil filter head you are asking about.  If you
still think you want it email me.

Cheers,
.
Larry Hoy