FW:

To: mgs
Subject: FW:
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 1997 01:23:12 -0700 (MST)
     Date: Sat Mar 08 18:53 EST 1997
     From: "Brinkmann, Gerry" <brinkg@uf4124p01.BHeightsNJ.ncr.com>
     Subject: Oil pressure problem

>From: "Jacques Dupuis" <JDMG@msn.com>
>THE PROBLEM: When the engine is started from cold after being stopped
for
>several hours, the oil pressure takes up to 10 to 15 seconds to buil-up
>normal.

I had the same problem on my MGB until purchased the oil filter
conversion kit which relocates the oil filter.
This conversion allows the oil filter to be in the upright position
instead of inverted and uses the FRAM 3600
filter with the check-valve. After rebuilding my engine last month, the
oil pressure light goes out while the starter is still cranking and
before the engine has actually started firing. I have fitted a 30lbs oil
pressure switch, so I know that I am getting almost instantaneous oil
pressure.

You may try the conversion - I am happy with it. An another advantage of
the conversion if that it clears up a lots of space on that side of the
engine. I can get to the starter bolts with no problems and also the
distributor clamp bolts.

gerry