FW:

To: mgs
Subject: FW:
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 1997 01:23:55 -0700 (MST)
     Date: Sat Mar 08 18:55 EST 1997
     From: "Brinkmann, Gerry" <brinkg@uf4124p01.BHeightsNJ.ncr.com>
     Subject: soft cams

> where is the best place to buy warmer cams? Piper? i want something
>mo' better than stock but definately harder than stock. i've heard
Isky's

I just fitted a Piper BP270 cam in my engine and am REALLY pleased with
it. It is the a cam which produces lots of torque across a wide range of
rpm, starting as low as 1500rpm. I can literally be crawling along in 4th
gear at 1800rpm and put my foot down. You can feel the torque in the
engine just pulling away with no drama. I think however this cam does
lose out at the top end and tends to run out of breath slightly.

Be really careful about cam selection though, because a hairy cam can be
a nightmare to live with in a daily driver.

gerry