Speedvision commercials

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Speedvision commercials
From: Mowog1@aol.com
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 1997 12:00:20 -0500 (EST)
Yo!  The vintage Brit commercials on Speedvision has diminished quite a bit
since the birth of Speedvision a little over a year ago.

I contacted them via e-mail to suggest a special program highlighting these
spots....(what I really wanted was to tape them without having to be glued to
Speedvision 24 hours a day!)...They responded to my e-mail within a week!
However, their archive "agreement" with the owners of these commercials will
not allow them to feature them on any one spot without special licensing
  :-(    Neither will it allow them to make tape available to enthusiasts for
their own use. Double :-(    And, there is no method of advance warning of
timeslots for these commercials. Triple :-(

Now, about the "drop shipped" MGB.....rumour has it that this commercial was
shot at least twice, as the first drop was unsuccessful.....the MGB,
forgetting its link to its cousin, the Jaguar, failed to land on her feet,
managing a "bellie up" landing.....OOPS!...The car was actually  driven off
site after its proper "feet first" drop!.......

Rick Ingram - Chairman
North American MGB Register
#0-134