Re: .....still a fine jam!

To: elkhart@juno.com
Subject: Re: .....still a fine jam!
From: EMILY COWEN <ecowen@cln.etc.bc.ca>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 1997 14:51:28 -0800 (PST)
Hi Just plain Phil!!

On Sun, 16 Mar 1997 elkhart@juno.com wrote:

> '72 midget ... w/ new short block
> I have been trying to start this wonderful machine for a few weeks
> and have gotten oil pressure, spark and fuel. I have slunk back to
> Mr. Twist and followed his advice for setting the time, using a 12v
> test bulb. But not even a pop. I would like to at least start the thing
                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Well now, I hate to bare my soul in public, but been there, done that!

I had compression, blue-ish (remember this is a Lucas system) spark, and
gas; BUT I was 180 degrees out on my timing.  Actually, the spark was
sort of a reddish orange.

Once I had the spark, and the compression at the same time, my Austin
A-40 ran rather well.

> for my own satisfaction and understanding. But, looks like it must fall
> into the hands of the professionals. Still it's great to be able to have
Note that ONE visit to a pro will more than pay for a proper FACTORY
service manual, ala the Bently reprint series from Moss...

TTUL8r, Kirk Cowen