MG Trivia

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: MG Trivia
From: GOFASTMG@aol.com
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 1997 00:32:03 -0500 (EST)
OK it's Sunday

 The question was;  in a well published photo of Cecil Kimber, he is shown at
a road side picnic with his wife and daughter. What car is shown in the
photo?

  If you can't recall the picture, I'll describe it a bit better. Kimber is
seated on the running board of the car, and the meal is spread on a blanket
beside the car, and Mrs. Kimber is seated to the right on the ground and
their daughter is to the left, again on the ground. Cecil Kimber is shown
without a coat, but wearing a waistcoat and tie.  The car in an open tourer
of 30's vintage with downward sloping doors, somewhat reminisent of a "T"
type. The car is shown from the right  (English drivers) side.

  A hint given was that it was probably one of the last cars one would
associate with Kimber.

  The Car was NOT and MG model!  It was a Singer.

 There is some doubt as to how the car came into the photo. One source says
it belonged to a friend of Kimbers and by happenstance was the picnic placed
where it was. Others say that the car was borrowed by Kimber for the day to
attend the event ( a Trials)and  thus the location.

  If someone has a definitive answer as to how that Singer came to be there,
I for one am  curious   to know the solution.

Rick Morrison