Re: dimbulbs

To: Carol <car@texas.net>
Subject: Re: dimbulbs
From: nolan penney <npenney@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 1997 11:18:26 -0800
> I guess I don't understand. I read the same posts you guys do and see
> humour (albeit a bit warped, but so am I) in most of the posts that you all
> seem to perceive as insulting.

Take the current tirades about computers.  I rather fail to see the humer in
it.  Now I admit to not
reading each and every post of it, but it pretty quickly lost its humor, in
spite of one of the people
repeatedly attempting to keep it light.

Warped humor is fine, I have been accused many times of having a seriously
warped sense of humor, and
mind.  I enjoy it.  Being human I even been known a time or two to get a bit
hot under the collar,
sometimes even inapropriately.  Like you, I know other groups that are really
ugly as well.  I'm still
playing in Fido on bbs's in the animal rights arena.  Very ugly there!

All I was doing was trying to post a bit of a bell ringing message.  No swan
song, no tyrade.  Just a
"hey, look at what you're doing" message at large.  Aye, it's MG's, and yes
people can stick their noese
up in the air if they truly believe others want to see the boogers they store
there in their nostrils.
If I was into purity of the breed, I might have my nose up there as well
(sidebar note, having a little
kicked up pug of a nose, I inherently show off my boogers to all anyway).  But
I'm like many of us,
possessing many different cars and interests.  Thrashing people for being new
to MG's or not being an MG
purist is not, in my opinion, a good way to make friends and get people to play
with you.