Re: Another insurance question

To: Trmgafun@aol.com, Healeys@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Another insurance question
From: Leckstein <bleckstein@monmouth.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 1997 07:34:32 -0500
At 06:50 PM 3/18/97 -0500, Trmgafun@aol.com wrote:
>Greetings,
>

>I called J.C. Taylor, but learned that the car can only be driven to club
>events.  No golf course, no  trip to the store, no occasional drive to work,
>no taking the neighbor kids for a ride, no Saturday morning drives in the
>country!!  Pretty scary!!
>
>I then decided to call some other classic car insurance companies and found
>two that have reasonable prices and decent coverage.  They both stress club
>events only, but will allow an occasional pleasure drive, but no trips to
>work.  One is American Collectors Insurance Inc., they gave me a quote of
>$101 annually for my MGA.  The other company was Great American Insurance,
>they quoted me an annual fee of $112.  And no appraisal for either company,
>they asked me what the car was worth and I told them.  Anyone have any
>experience with these two?
>
>Thanks, (and sorry for bringing this tired old subject up again)
>
>Scott

Scott, as I and several people before had discussed, J.C. Taylor was
terrific. Paid claims with no hassle, and fast. I have used them for 20
years. I wonder if you got the right message. They do not restrict driving
to club events, only the annual millage, which is liberal, and the fact
that you don't use the car to go to work or as an every day driver. You
must indicate that you have another car for each member of your family that
drives. Going to the store on Sunday is just fine.

Mike