My car won't start

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: My car won't start
From: joseph_cianciotti@ccmail_gw.gmosf.com
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 97 11:12:13 PST
My car wouldn't start this morning.  Well, actually it started, ran for a bit,
then konked out. I had to hop into my wife's car and get to the office so I
didn't have a chance to really check it out. But here's what I do know:  The
fuel pump is clicking.  If the engine does fire, it dies immediately.
Recently,
it's been running roughly on start-up in the morning, with an occassional
backfire, and smooth out as the engine warmed.  And I don't think the needles
and jets are properly aligned.  (I'm not hearing the metallic click when
releasing the gas pedal.)  My guess is I'm overdue for a carb rebuild. Is there
anything else I should look for?  And is there anything a inept non-mechanic
like myself can do to get my car to limp to the real mechanic?  As always,
thank
you for your responses.

Joseph
67 MGB Roadster