Re: Miata hoods

To: GOFASTMG@aol.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Miata hoods
From: Aleksandr Milewski <n6mod@amt.org>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 11:15:46 -0800
GOFASTMG@aol.com wrote:

> <<  there is no excuse for NOT driving a Miata with the top
>  down. >>
>
>   But it still begs the basic question:
>
>    Is there any excuse FOR driving a MI**a?
>
> Rick
> :>)

You need transportation? :-)

I have an LBC that I love to work on. It's presently a basket case, and
I don't have the time or money to feed the LBC addiction now, so it will
remain so for a while. I have a Miata because it is a lot of fun, and it
has some of the essential elements of an LBC. It will also blow the
average LBC in to the weeds, if you're in to that sort of thing. (I'm
not. I enjoy driving on curvy roads, not comparing testosterone levels
with other drivers.)

When I get it back on the road, I have no doubt that the Midget will be
more fun to drive. Real LBCs are more fun than Miatas, but that fun
comes at a price. (The price we're all willing to pay, apparently.)

I've injured myself too many times working on a car at 3am, because I
needed to drive that car to work the next day. I don't have to worry
about whether the Miata will start in the morning.

I love 'em both, and they ARE NOT mutually exclusive.

-Zandr
 '66 Midget
 '90 Miata

PS: I saw a license plate on a Miata that displays the proper attitude:
FAUX ELN