Re: vacuum switch connection, and axle leak

To: Anthony Rayner <A.Rayner@mailbox.uq.edu.au>
Subject: Re: vacuum switch connection, and axle leak
From: jello@dns.ida.net (Phil Bates)
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 22:10:57 -0700

>Dear everyone,
>
>       I have a 1965 mark I MGB (3 synchro, 5 main) with a 4 speed box.
>I am just about to switch transmissions for the overdrive version ('D'
>type) soon.  I have got all the various bits and pieces....my question
>is..
>       On the inlet manifold, where does the vacuum switch hook up to?
>There are two possible connections that the inlet adaptor will screw
>into....one that is forward of the PVC valve, and one that is behind the
>PVC valve.  I am pretty sure that it is supposed to go behind (ie towards
>the back of the car) the PVC valve....does it matter?

Manifold vacuum is manifold vacuum.  It doesn't really matter, but the
proper location is behind the PVC valve.

Are you aware of how the vacuum switch works??  It is mostly a useless
option.  I can go into further detail if you like.  I have a '67 B with a
vacuum switch and overdrive.

Phil Bates
58 MGA
67 MGB