Re: Spring is here in TN

To: Clark Chilton <chill@memphisonline.com>
Subject: Re: Spring is here in TN
From: Wayne Kube <wkube@iadfw.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 1997 08:48:23 -0600
Clark Chilton wrote:
> I am having a tough time getting consistancy out of the Webber 32/36.
> Can anyone recomend an "understandable" shop manual for Webbers (read:
> one for attention span challanged).  The idle will be a smooth 900-1000
> rpm until I run it on the for about 15 min., then it goes from 500 to
> 1500 to 0 depending, I guess, upon the color of the car next to me at
> the traffic light.

Clark -
        I have the Weber 32/36 and Kent Fast Road Cam on my '79B.  I would
suspect it needs idle speed adjustments.  There are three adjustments on
this carb.  The fast idle adjustment screw is located between the choke
and the carb body.  It sets the idle speed when the engine is cold and
the choke is closed.  Sounds like this is working properly.  The other
two adjustments (idle speed and idle mixture) are located on the side of
the carb facing the rear of the car.  You'll want to set these for an
idle of between 800 and 1000 rpm once the car has reached normal
operating temp.
        Here's what the Haynes Weber manual recommends:  Turn the idle
adjusting screw runs at 800 to 1000 rpm.  Turn the idle mixture adjust
in or out until the engine runs at the highest rpm with even running.
Re-adjust the idle adjusting screw if necessary for proper rpm.  Repeat
as necessary.

>It usually dies only when an attractive blond is on my right.

I usually am more concerned about attractive blondes - I let the females
in my family notice the blond guys. ;')

> Got my new plates yesterday... GR8L'CAR.

Cool!

--
Keep on keepin' on!

Wayne Kube      wkube@iadfw.net