Re: California DMV

To: RFeibusch@aol.com
Subject: Re: California DMV
From: Jim Boyd <gumby@joshuanet.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 1997 07:12:16 -0800
Hey Rick (and List):

Thanks for your thoughts about AAA.  I agree with you about their fine
services.  In fact, the first call I made was to them.  But I was told that
they can no longer do the verification on out-of-state cars and was referred
to the DMV. The AAA folks are a much nicer lot and all of my routine
transactions are handled by them!

Bottom line messages:

1.      The DMV wants all the money you have in your wallet and then some.
2.      The smog regs make it easier for them to accomplish #1 above.

Cheers,
Jim

>Jim Boyd writes about his exploits at the California DMV.
>
>Jim.
>I joined the Auto Club (AAA) for $58 a year and besides towing, you get their
>free DMV service as well.  They have computer links to Sacramento and all of
>the forms and are much nicer to deal with than DMV staff in more complicated
>matters. Also, If you go to the DMV office about a half hour before closing
>time they become much more creative about getting you through because they
>just want to go home!
>See you on the Funway!
>Rick Feibusch
>Automotive Journalist/Appraiser