Re: MOWOG Mania!

To: William Eastman <william.eastman@medtronic.com>
Subject: Re: MOWOG Mania!
From: "N. M. Taylor" <nmtaylor@wam.umd.edu>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 1997 17:26:51 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 24 Mar 1997, William Eastman wrote:

> Personally, I think there was some old pattern maker named Mowog who got a
> little carried away one day and BMC came up with this elaborate hoax to
> cover the tracks.   Or maybe Mowog is a reference to some unmentionable
> body part or biologic activity in the local dialect carved into the
> patterns by disgruntled worker.  (if you are disgruntled when you are
> unhappy, are you gruntled again when things work out?)   Makes as much
> sense as anything else.

'M***G' is obviously the most dreaded member of H.P. Lovecraft's
mythos--so dreaded that the name M***G is never mentioned anywhere in
Lovecraft's literature.  The mentionable creatures of horror and slime
include 'Dagon,' 'Yog-Sothoth,' 'Azathoth' and 'Cthulhu.'

--Nancy Taylor [73 MGBGT, victim of the great and powerful Look-Hasz]