Seat covers and interior kits

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Seat covers and interior kits
From: ps4330@okc01.rb.jccbi.gov (Peter Schauss x 2014)
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 14:38:16 -0500
I am thinking about redoing my seats while my '80 'B is in the shop
getting painted ( seats and interior panels are out of the car
right now).  Most likely I will want to go with the original style
seat covers.

My questions:

1.  How is the quality of the kit which Moss sells?

2.  What is involved in replacing seat covers?  Is it simply a matter
of removing the old ones and slipping the new ones over the seat foams
or will I need to fuss with clips, staples, or rivits?

3.  Does anyone have any comments, good or bad, about other suppliers?

Interior panels (doors, front kick panels ...):

1.  Are the kits supplied by Moss preassembled with the vinyl already
glued to the backing panels, or do you have to cut the stuff out and
glue it on to your old ones?

thanks in advance,

Peter Schauss
ps4330@okc01.rb.jccbi.gov