Re: need help with MGB Transmission

To: Thomas_Mitchell@notes.amdahl.com
Subject: Re: need help with MGB Transmission
From: Paul Murch <murch@atlas.chem.utah.edu>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 1997 10:02:53 -0700
>       I have heard for example for a midget, that  a datsun b210 trans
> mates up well.
>
> Has anyone done a conversion and would be willing to help with details and
> with letting me know the pitfalls?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

 Tom,

I have been thinking about changning the transmition in my 66B for a
while.  There is a company in Ca called Novus that sells kits.  I have
the info here in front of me, they want $690 and the kit still needs
the 280Z transmition (I could fax you a copy if you want).  I have
called around and the transmitions are easy to find and pretty cheap.
The kit is claims that no modifications are required to the body or
engine.  I would like to hear if anyone has any experience with this
kit.  It seems like it is a decent alternative to finding an original
overdrive that would make the car reasonable for the new highway speeds
of 65+

Paul Murch
66B