Re: Mercury Capris (no LBC content)

To: dmeadow@juno.com
Subject: Re: Mercury Capris (no LBC content)
From: John Saxon <jsaxon@acay.com.au>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 1997 22:43:48 +1000
The Mercury Capri was made in Australia on a Mazda floor pan, engine and
transmission. I believe the body panels, trim, wheels, tyres, battery and so
on were all local manufacture but due to early build difficulties and a poor
fitting soft top, it did not take off in the intended North American market.
Ford rectified the faults and the later, higher hp models are quite good but
it was discontinued a year or two ago.

And please don't knock Australian manufactured cars - the Mitsubishi
Diamente you are driving in the US was designed in and is manufactured in
Australia for export to the US and other markets. It is a real success here
and sold as the Mitsubishi Verada. Apart of course from my MGA, my Verada is
the best finished and trouble free car I have ever owned.

Just thought you would like to know.

John Saxon 1958 MGA 1500.