Re: Midget wheels still turning!

To: elkhart@juno.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Midget wheels still turning!
From: Two00mph@aol.com
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 1997 23:54:37 -0500 (EST)
If you can find them, Chevy Vega wheels are a very inexpensive alternative
($10 each at the junkyard)... The Vega rims are 13x5 1/2, while the Vega GT
rims at 13x6 and maybe too wide.   same bolt pattern, but you will need to
use larger diameter wheel studs to use the Vega rims, however.  Larger studs
are recommended anyway if you are going to a wider wheel and tire.

If you want aluminum wheels.... I have two sets for sale, left over from my G
Production Spridget...  all 13 x 5 1/2.

One set are ET Mk IV's... nice dished wheel with kidney shaped slots... like
the kind that were popular on early 280 Z's, Pintos, Vegas, etc.  They are
auni-lug design, so will fit different four-lug cars by changing the inserts.
 You can polish them... or as we did on one set, paint the centers black and
polish the rims.... nice look.  $100 for set of four plus UPS from Conn.

Also have a set of Appliance wheels.... nice polished outer rim and dish,
with a wire basket design center... much like the Chapparal, or later, the
BBS style wheel.  These have some old cantilevered hand-grooved Firestone
slicks still mounted on them.  $160 for the set + shipping.

Mike