Re: Seat rail replacement

To: cgmoog@worldnet.att.net
Subject: Re: Seat rail replacement
From: todd@nutria.nrlssc.navy.mil (Todd Mullins)
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 1997 10:58:58 -0600 (CST)
Christopher G. Moog writes:

> The seats in my MGB do not easily adjust forward or backward.  I've
> noticed this problem on other MGBs.  I thought after replacing the floor
> (with new sills etc.) and greasing up the rails the proplem would be
> solved.  It isn't.

My rails work just fine.  In fact, they slide more freely than those in
my "modern" car ('84 Volvo 245).  You must have an alignment problem or
some other clearance problem.  Could the seat rail captive nuts in the
new floors possibly be out of tolerance (aftermarket panels, perhaps)?

> I would like to substitute roller bearing rails from
> another make of car.  Has anyone tried this and whose rails did you use?

I don't think this will make a bit of difference.  The original system
works well.  I advocate the fixing of original pieces over impromptu
re-engineering efforts.

--

Todd Mullins
Todd.Mullins@nrlssc.navy.mil    On the lovely Mississippi (USA) Coast

'74 MGB Tourer in pieces (but getting there [slowly])

"they're not all Tuesday"       Steven Sullivan