FW: need intake/exhaust manifold for '79 MGB

To: mgs
Subject: FW: need intake/exhaust manifold for '79 MGB
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 1997 18:19:51 -0700 (MST)
[BOUNCE mgs@Autox.Team.Net:    Non-member submission from [Gordon Cappelletty
<gcappelletty@psnw.com>]]

     Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 07:21:50 -0800
     From: Gordon Cappelletty <gcappelletty@psnw.com>
     Subject: need intake/exhaust manifold for '79 MGB

I need an intake/exhaust manifold for my 1979 MGB. I will take new or
used in any good condition. I can't find one locally, Moss tells me they
do not expect to get any, and my parts dealer says the back order could
be anywhere from two weeks to one year.

It seems that my current manifold cracked at the place where the
catalytic coverter connects to it. My mechanic tells me that the stress
from the rigid exhaust is the culprit for this problem. Does anyone know
of a way to prevent this from happening in the future?

e-mail me at: gcappelletty@psnw.com

Gordon