Re: Fuel Tanks

To: Rodney McDonald <rmcd@marspec.com>
Subject: Re: Fuel Tanks
From: Craig Wiper <craigw@sonic.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 1997 17:47:26 -0700
At 12:26 PM 4/7/97 -0500, you wrote:
>        I am in the process of replacing the fuel tank on my '76'B with one
>from my donor car. As it has sat for a while there's a bit of minor
>corrosion on the inside. I intend to slush some muratic acid around in it to
>etch it and I need some suggestions as what sealer or coating to put in it
>afterward.
>I know Moss sells a kit for this purpose, but I'd like to try to find
>something at one of the parts megastores closer to home.
>Any experience that you can share with me is appreciated.
>
>Body work nearly done... mechanicals almost ready... spring has sprung with
>a vengence... I'M READY TO DRIVE!!
>Rodney McDonald
>Spanish Fort, Al
>'76 MGB Roadster 393703

I replaced my tank with a new one to allieviate any headaches a few years
ago. So far, so good. And all I had to do was take off the old tank and put
on a new one and not worry whether of not I covered the inside with gunk
properly, etc., etc...

Craig Wiper
craigw@sonic.net
http://www.sonic.net/~craigw