1978 MGB - Mallory Distributor

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: 1978 MGB - Mallory Distributor
From: dbavery1@juno.com (D D B)
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 1997 22:40:25 EDT
I have a couple questions for the list.  I am considering replacing my
parrana -sometimes works - distributor in my 1978 B with a Mallory dual
point.  This is a daily driver - street cruising only.  I have a Weber
down draft carb on it and the rest is stock.

1st question - What is the advantage/disadvantage of the vacuum advance
distributor on a street daily driver vs just mechanical advance.

My 2nd question is - can anyone recommend a good, reasonable priced,
supplier for a Mallory dual point dist, mounting bkt, drive dog, Mallory
resistor and a Mallory coil.