No LBC Content

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: No LBC Content
From: Bill Harkins <bharkins@tfb.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 1997 19:22:41 -0700
NO LBC CONTENT WHATSOEVER!

Since there has been some threads on spouses and computers, the
following may be of interest - passed on by a programmer friend. As I
know there are ladies on the list, you may wish to go to your next
message at this point!

Last year, I upgraded GirlFriend 3.1 to GirlFriendPlus 1.0,
     which was later re-marketed as Fiancee 1.0. Recently however, I
     upgraded Fiancee 1.0 to Wife 1.0 which has turned out to be a
     memory hogger, has taken all my space, and Wife 1.0 must be
     running before I can do anything. And although I didn't ask for
     them, Wife 1.0 came with plug-ins such as MotherInLaw and
     BrotherInLaw that take up even more space.

     Some features I'd like to see in the upcoming GirlFriend 4.0:

          * a "don't remind me again" button
          * a Minimize button
          * a Shutdown feature
          * an Install Shield feature so that GirlFriend 4.0 can
            be completely uninstalled if so desired (so you don't lose
            cache and other resources)

     I tried running GirlFriend 2.0 with GirlFriend 1.0 still
     installed, but they attempted to use the same I/O ports
     which resulted in numerous conflicts. Then I tried to
     uninstall GirlFriend 1.0, but discovered that it didn't
     have an uninstall program. I tried to remove it by hand,
     but it put files in my system directory. And another thing
     that sucks is that all versions of Girlfriend software so
     far have been totally "object-oriented".

     Wife 1.0 has an undocumented bug. If you try to install
     Mistress 1.1 before uninstalling Wife 1.0, Wife 1.0 will
     delete MSMoney files before doing the uninstall itself.
     Then Mistress 1.1 will refuse to install, claiming
     insufficient resources.

Bill Harkins
Fallbrook, CA