Pulley

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Pulley
From: Thomas_Mitchell@notes.amdahl.com
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 1997 22:59:06 -0400

I am in the process of rebuilding my 1966 MGB engine. Other then distorting
and destroying a new set of cam bearing.  for which I am in the process of
making a old camshaft into a reaming tool. I can't seem to find a machine
shop that can do this.  Otherwise so far so good. I hope to be ready to
reinstall my engine and trans by month end.

My question today is about the harmonic balance pulley. How do I check it,?
it looks old of course and the rubber looks like it's being squeezed out. I
have had trouble timing the engine  in the past and a mechanic once told me
that maybe by pulley is shot and spun on itself. Hence the timing mark is
off.
I can't seem to find a new one or anyone that can rebuild it. At least so
far no calls back. I could have swore that
one of the people in the club a couple of years ago did get theirs rebuilt.
So does anyone one know 1) how to check it?
                                                        2) where to get a
new one?
                                                        3) or where to get
my old one rebuilt?