re: 77MGB brake problems

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: re: 77MGB brake problems
From: kbedford@biggles.uk03.bull.co.uk (Keith Bedford)
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 1997 09:08:48 +0100 (BST)
Thanks to everyone who replied to my first post, but -

My brake problems took a turn for the worse ... now the servo wheezes and the
pedal goes soft. Not really driveable!

I took the hose off - its fine, sprayed the manifold valve (nb car wont idle
with the hose off - should the valve only open on brake application or is
there always vacuum in the hose?)

Also opened up the air valve on top of the servo (remote lockheed type), it
looks ok - there was some brake fluid in there but no rips.
When the servo wheezes its sucking air through the air valve.

I reckon its either the manifold valve or the BIG diaphragm in the servo gone.

--
Cheers,
        Keith