Re: 77MGB brake problems

To: Keith Bedford <kbedford@biggles.uk03.bull.co.uk>
Subject: Re: 77MGB brake problems
From: Nolan Penney <npenney@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 1997 14:56:21 -0400
> This is a REMOTE brake servo.

Oh.  Darn, that's right.  Totally forgot about that.  Was thinking generic
firewall mounted
vacuum booster.  My knowledge of remote servo systems could fit in a teacup.
My experience
with one could fit in the saucer.

Am I correct in assuming that the remote servo uses something akin to a second
master
cylinder there, with the hydraulic pressure from the primary master cylinder
actuating the
second one?

I apparently missunderstood your problem, in that I thought you had a pedal
that would go
soft while at the same time failing to stop the vehicle.  Which sounds
remarkably like a
failed master cylinder or second master cylinder, if there is such a critter in
a remote
servo system.  Now, if I'm understanding you, you more get intermittent boost
effect?

Well, good luck.  I'll be watching this thread to see what the ultimate fix is
in any case.
I like to learn.