Re: brake conversion -- MGB GT

To: Stefanie Davis <stefanie@bpe.com>
Subject: Re: brake conversion -- MGB GT
From: Ted Schumacher <tedtsimx@mail.bright.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 1997 08:16:25 -0400
Stefanie Davis wrote:

> Does anyone have any knowledge about a way to convert the rear brakes to
> disks?  I'd love to have disk brakes all around.  My 71 BGT had lots of
> spiders calling the calipers and rear drums home when I finally pulled the
> brakes off yesterday.  Just another reason why a car should never sit
> unattended for 8 years.
>
> any help greatly appreciated!
>
> 70 degrees and sunny in CA,
>
> Stef
stef, you don.t need rear disc conversion.  we supply a very good kevlar
lined rear brake shoe set (works well, high coeffeicient of friction and
reasonably priced) plus a neat caliper upgrade that allows fitting of
bigger pads - about 17% more pad area on the stock rotor.  let us know
if we can help.  regards, ted
--
Ted Schumacher
TS Imported Automotive

For the finest in British car apparel, accessories and
regalia, be sure to check with our MotoringXtras store.
We also have an extensive line of Black & White
checkered race-theme apparel.  Same address and phones.
Check it out!!!