Re: MG registration... denied?

To: macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu
Subject: Re: MG registration... denied?
From: "S. L. Hower" <howersl@ttown.apci.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 1997 12:41:22 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 9 Apr 1997 macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu wrote:

> I live in PA and my car will be 20 next year. How old is your car and
> does 20 pass?

> (Think I'll try to rember to put the top up before taking pictures - what
> a nightmare)

  Larry,

  My car is a 73 B.  PA has 3 types of registration for the enthusiast
  to choose from:  Classic, Antique, and Constructed (a kitcar).

  Antique is exempt from smog and inspection, but may only be driven
  between dusk and dawn.  Classic is exempt from smog, and is subject
  to an annual mileage limit (5k?).

  To qualify for an Antique, the car must be at least 25 years old.
  To qualify as a Classic, it must be 15 years old (i think) and out
  of production for something like 7 years.

  Several PA residents have mailed me saying that acceptance by PennDOT
  probably depends more on the type of day the approver happens to be
  having than on the condition of the car (or the position of the top).

  And judging from some of the heaps that I have seen sporting Classic
  plates, I completely agree.  Try, try again...

  --Scott

   Scott Hower  --> " Top?  What top? "
   Air Products & Chemicals, Inc.
   7201 Hamilton Blvd Trexlertown, PA