More on California Smog

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: More on California Smog
From: Frank Sperling <sperling@wenet.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 1997 08:46:27 -0700
Not that all this talk about smog check II had freaked me too much, but
with my bi-annual California smog check due date shortly approaching, I
decided that this was the right time to do all those little things to my
'79B to get it running right (not to mention the fact that spring had
sprung and those sunny California days were beckoning me to drive with the
top down!).  Well, after performing the following:

- new brakes and hoses
- replaced broken motor mounts
- rebuilt carburetor
- replaced electronic ignition with a Pertronix
- replaced those darned leaking side cover gaskets
- replaced timing chain with a double-row setup
- replaced gulp valve
- wrote a huge check to my mechanic

I'm pleased to say that I passed the smog check with flying colors!  So it
just goes to show the our cars can meet these tougher smog regulations (of
course, I hope to have my credit card bill paid off before my next smog
test comes up in '99!)

Frank Sperling
'79B - Mugs