Lowering a rubber bumper midget

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Lowering a rubber bumper midget
From: Aron Travis <atravis@spacey.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 1997 21:49:23 -0700
I'm going to have to do some front suspension work on my '78 midget in
the very near future. While I'm at it I would like to lower it to the
pre-rubber bumper height. What is the best way to do this? I am planing
on new springs in the front as one is damaged, do I just need shorter
springs? Can I just use springs for the 1275cc midgets, even though mine
is the 1500cc?
Should I bother to change to tube shocks? or, to put it another way, are
tube shocks worth it?
I'm sure these questions have been asked a thousand times before, can
anyone recomend a book or article that covers modifications like these?
-Aron Travis-
"always in a automotive frenzy"