Re: FW: Maintenance questions - answers

To: mjb@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: FW: Maintenance questions - answers
From: GOFASTMG@aol.com
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 1997 14:19:40 -0400 (EDT)

<< Not quite sure which carbs you have. But on the SU's I think the base
 plate is attached to the carb, then the covers are attached to the base
plate.

 Let me beg to differ.

  On the twin SU's on my 74 midget, the baseplate is a hand press fit into
the bottom on the filter housing, then the whole unit is attached to the
carbs with the long (about 4 inch) bolts.

   I'm not sure how the filter attaches in the case of the Stromberg.

Rick