RE: Colortune

To: "atravis@spacey.net" <atravis@spacey.net>,
Subject: RE: Colortune
From: patti morris <mgj2@globaldialog.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 06:51:46 -0500
Hi David,

        A friend of mine has a Uni-Syn that I use. He has a "single" one not =
the fancy "multi" kind. It works really good but I'm too cheap to buy =
one. Basically, it measures the amount of air going into the carb. When =
you syncronize your carbs all you are doing is trying to get equal air =
flow into each carb. So with the air cleaners off and engine running, =
you place the Uni-Syn tool over the mouth of one carb. A ball rises =
inside a tube showing the amount of air flow into the carb. You repeat =
this on the other carb, adusting the idle screw to get the little ball =
in the same place in the tube. Make sure to loosen the clamp that =
connects the thottle shafts between carbs so the idle can be set =
independently on each carb. It takes the place of listening thru the =
tube and is more accurate. You still have to set your mixture. It only =
helps you syncronize the air flow thru the carbs.

John