Wiring Harness

To: MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Wiring Harness
From: Gary Burrell <garyb@pentek.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 08:41:20 -0400
Hi, folks.

Now that I've got some good ideas on the canoe side, thoughts
are turning to that wiring harness I've just got to replace
this year.  The question at hand is:
Are wiring harnesses handed.  (ie are they different for
LHD and RHD)

The reason this question arises is I have a 1968 canadian
spec MGB.  This is closer to the british/european than
the US.  I asked both moss and moss-europe for quotes
on a harness for this car.  Moss can sell me a 1968
US spec harness and says I'll only likely have to do
some minor modifications.  Moss-europe quote me a 1968
harness for 16AC alternator with seperate control box
(just like mine) however they make no distinction between
LHD and RHD.  Moss-Europe is also considerably cheaper
(143L ($235) as compared to moss's $325)  So back to the
original question.  Are wiring harnesses handed?

Thanks in advance

Gary

--
Gary Burrell