Hello and some questions...

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Hello and some questions...
From: jkurtz@student.med.harvard.edu
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 97 14:05:48 EST
First off, hi from a new subscriber.  Important things about me:

1.  '79 MGB roadster driven as my only car
                (it runs, but with a weber carb and sony stereo)

2.  biology student still in school
                (thus mechanically shakey and little money  :(

3.  was driven home from hospital after birth in an MG
                (it is in my blood and I seem to be funding my
                  mechanics retirement fund)

I have been slowly working my way to doing more and more work
on it myself, but it can be difficult.  Thanks to the hints for
re-adjusting the steering wheel.  That will be this weekend's project.

But, my two questions are: First, a very kind vandal knocked off my
driver's side door mirror (and placed it back on my car for me), but
i cannot get the stupid screw out of the mirrow so i can screw it
back onto the new holding plate (sorry for such poor jargon).  Do
I have to get it machined out, or is there a trick.

Second, and i do not mean to offend anyone, but when I bought the
car 5 years ago, the wheels were already rusted pretty bad.  With the
recent paint job and new tires, I was curious if there was a way
to maybe repaint them in a silver or chrome paint to make them
look somewhat nice?  Believe me, if I had 800 free bucks, I would
get new ones.  So if anyone has any ideas, I would greatly
appreciate it.

Thanks again,
Joey Kurtz
'79 MGB