Re: Fram Filter for Moss MGA Oil Filter Conversion

To: Chip Old <fold@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us>
Subject: Re: Fram Filter for Moss MGA Oil Filter Conversion
From: Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 16:42:50 -0400
Chip Old wrote:

> You won't find these things specified on the filter box.  Instead, you'll
> need to find the manufacturer's specification book.  Somewhere around here
> (can't find it at the moment) I have a huge thick old book from Fram that
> provides detailed specs for all of their filters (well, all of their
> filters as of about 1975 - it's an old book).  You can cross-reference
> filters by body size, thread size & pitch, relief valve (yes/no),
> anti-drainback valve (yes/no), and other useful features.
>
> If your friendly local filter dealer doesn't have a detailed specs book
> (he probably won't), you may be able to get one from the local wholesale
> distributor or directly from Fram, AC, Purolator, or whoever.  If worse
> comes to worse, contact the manufacturer's customer service or tech
> service department.  Tell them the thread size & pitch, the gasket
> diameter, and the approximate body size, and indicate whether or not you
> need an anti-drainback and/or bypass valve.  They should be able to give
> you the appropriate filter number.

FYI. You can probably get a filter catalog from your local NAPA store.
The store gets them for free, so they're usually available. If they
don't have an extra one on hand, they can get it overnight.  NAPA
filters are made by Wix. NAPA is a good source for many catalogs.

Bud Krueger
'52TD (now in the Proctologist's shop for a rear end transplant)