FS: 1971 MGB/GT Parts

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: FS: 1971 MGB/GT Parts
From: BFoster02@aol.com
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 22:35:25 -0400 (EDT)
OK... I did it. I went out and bought the 1971 MG for sale in Santa Ana, CA
and have determined quite easily that despite the cries from others, this car
is not worth saving -- the rust has eaten away at all the major inner and
outer sills running through the passenger area. You can run a flash light
from where the floor well begins to half way to the seatbelt post and see the
light from outside of the car to the transmission tunnel.

Although the mileage can be documented at 37K miles, I'd say that all 37K of
it was probably run on salted roads in Massachusetts. The dash is perfect and
it has the original engine. I have not pulled the drivetrain out yet, but it
appears that it has not been run since 1977 although a generous amount of oil
and things have been used to keep the engine free. My major concern would be
the water passageways.

So... anyway... I am going to part this car out. I need the rear differential
and a number of interior parts, but if anyone is interested in other parts
off the car, then let me know and I'll see if we can work out a deal.

I went out and bought an original owner 1967 worth every penny of the $2500 I
paid for it. The original owner owned a body shop in southern California, so
this little GT became his "demonstrator." Consequently, it has always been
inside and never seen rain. There a few things that were probably acceptable
to do in the 1970's but need to be pulled and replaced to bring the car back
to its original glory. Some details for you B/GT fans:
- originally black/black (now silver over black exterior and velour red
interior... yech -- the interior is going to get restored to red or black
leather!)
- chrome wire wheels with stainless steel spokes
- new all synchro O/D trans
- new engine with all new carbs etc.
- Rolls Royce driving lamps
- 93K documented miles with paperwork to day 1 (including original sticker)
and pictures of the car nearly every 3-6 months from new.

Lastly, my dad is selling his red/black 1966 MGB roadster. This is probably
one of the nicer, clean, tight roadsters around. Not concours, but extremely
worthwhile. If I had the $, then I'd buy it myself. Asking $6995 and located
in Anaheim, CA. E-mail me and I'll get you the phone number.

Brian
'67 MGB/GT "PRSNCAT" (you guessed wrong!)
'71 MGB/GT for parts
'74 BMW 2002tii Alpina A4S fabrication for sale!!!
BFoster02@aol.com