Electronic fuel pump - neg or postive ground?

To: mgs <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Electronic fuel pump - neg or postive ground?
From: "James T. Dunn" <103606.744@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 18 Apr 97 23:37:47 EDT
  Hello,

      I just bought an solid state electronic fuel pump to be used for a back
up pump for the SU pump on an MGTD.  My question is can the pump be
used on a negative or postive ground car?  The pump is made by Facet and
has a red and black wire coming out of the pump body and the instructions
say to be sure at the body of the pump makes a good ground  with the frame
of the car.  Does it may any difference to the pump wether the car is negative
ground or postive ground ?  Thanks in advance for any help

 Jim Dunn
 Birmingham, Alabama