RE: MGA Headlights, Tuning, speed, oil

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: MGA Headlights, Tuning, speed, oil
From: patti morris <mgj2@globaldialog.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 1997 22:35:35 -0500
Hi Bill,

On the MGA headlamp, the 3 adjuster type is shown pretty well in both =
the Moss and VB catalogs. The lamp is the same as used in other two lamp =
set-ups and is "clamped" between a chrome ring (not to be confused with =
outer chrome rim) and another ring that isn't (chome plated). The two =
rings are held together with 3 small phillips head sheet metal screws. =
I've seen where someone tried to use a chrome ring that was deeper and =
the lamp wasn't tight between the rings. The non-chrome ring has key =
hole shaped holes that fit the 3 adjusters. Each adjuster has a small =
spring. You line up the key hole shaped holes with the adjusters, push =
in against the spring pressure and twist clockwise. It should be tight =
and not turn.=20

2 screw lamps are different. Seems like the chrome ring and the outer =
chrome rim are the same and that's about all.

Before I spent any time trying to understand what I wrote, I'd look at =
the pictures in the catalogs.

John