Re: oil drain plug on MGTD "stuck"..

To: ecowen@cln.etc.bc.ca, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: oil drain plug on MGTD "stuck"..
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 10:13:13 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-04-22, Kirk Cowen wrote:

<< > remove the drain plug so that I would not round of the brass plug.
 Well,
 > seems that someone has already done that for me.  I'm  open to all
 > suggestions and thanks in advance...

 Whenever I'm faced with your problem at work (I'm a millwright), I
 usually end up using a pair of 10" curved jaw ViseGrips.  Don't bother
 using a clone, because unless you're lucky, the jaws won't stay parallel
 under the stress, and you'll round off the plug even more.

While browsing through the tool dept. at the local Home Depot the other day,
I spotted what was to me a new design of ViseGrips (genuine - I agree with
you!). They had a deep, flat bottom V in one jaw, and a matching protrusion
in the other, specifically designed to remove bolts and nuts. They were
available in 3 sizes, and looked to me like they would be perfect for this
type appplication. My tool box is now richer with the addition of all three!

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN