Re: WANTED: Rubber Bumper MGB GT

To: gumby@joshuanet.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: WANTED: Rubber Bumper MGB GT
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 10:23:26 -0400 (EDT)

<< I am seeking a rubber bumpered MGB GT for a future Rover transplant
project.
 I live in Northern CA, so that limits my prospecting area.  Don't see many
 of these GTs around my neck of the woods, though.

Be aware, the only rubber bumper GTs sent to these shores were the '74 1/2
models, which did not have the changes to the body to take the V8, as did the
later rubber bumper roadsters. There were only a few of these sent here, so
you may have a hard time finding one.

Good luck with your conversion! My '72 GT is due for a transplant as soon as
I finish my TR6/Ford 5.0 transplant.

Are you familiar with the MG V8 Newsletter? If not drop me an e-mail, and I
will send you the address. You will find it very valuable.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

PS: check:    http://www.sky.net/~boballen/mg/Masters/           for photos
of the Ford transplant under way.