Re: Wanted: rubber bumper MGB GT

To: jimbb88@erols.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Wanted: rubber bumper MGB GT
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 1997 22:30:35 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-04-23, jim from gburg wrote:

<< someone replied earlier that this model was not set up for a V8
 conversion. I would like to correct that. The rubber bumper GT,
 1974-1/2, has the same body modifications as all MGB's from 1974-1/2
 thru 1976. The only significant (to V8 conversions) change from 1977 on,
 was the placement of the radiator.  I say this with some authority, as I
 have both a 1974-1/2 GT V8, and a 1977 roadster V8 conversion.  >>

Jim:

That's interesting, because a friend of mine has a '74 1/2 4 cylinder, and it
does not have the changes for the V8. I know, because I checked it out with
the idea of seeing what the changes were in planning a V8 conversion. Under
the hood it was identical to my '74 chrome bumper GT. Is your V8 a factory
set up, or did someone convert it later. Maybe that explains the difference.

I'm no authority, so I won't argue the point. However, since both of us have
eyeballed two different setups, I would certainly like to hear from someone
who is an authority. Maybe we are the victim of "Abington whims?"

C'mon, listers, do your stuff!

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN