Re: Early B dash switch removal tool.

To: william_hayes@icpphil.navy.mil, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Early B dash switch removal tool.
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 15:52:04 -0400 (EDT)

<< Also, I took a battery bin to Pep Boys to try to match up a Group 26
 battery. They all had flanges on the base which wouldn't fit in the bin. I
 remember a thread on this a few months ago but that was before I bought the
 car. Any recommendations on a battery that will fit in this box?

Bill:

I have a Sears Diehard in my '74, which fits perfectly. I just went out to
check on the size, but couldn't find it written anywhere on the battery. I
can, however, tell you how I chose that size. I took the car to the local
Sears Automotive store, and told the man to replace the two 6s with one 12.
The mechanic did all the size checking, and even added a bungee cord to hold
it in place when he was finished (he was more helpful than he was bright - he
hooked one end of the bungee to the brakeline on the axle!  Not good!)

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN