Moss Spin -On Oil Filter Adapter

To: MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Moss Spin -On Oil Filter Adapter
From: Mark Endicott <endicott@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 1997 19:31:24 -0500
I received a Moss (PN 235-875) spin on oil filter adapter via UPS today
and it doesn't look like it will fit my 1275. (12C /DA/H 21692)  It has
a 8 3/4 inch blue (7/16 dia.?) rubber hose with the pipe thread adapter
fitting on one end and banjo fitting on the other. From the picture in
the Moss catalog I was not expecting a rubber hose.  The aluminum
adapter block fits where the stock oil canister bracket is mounted to
the block.  I can see no way the rubber hose will reach to the existing
banjo fitting location and I am concerned that the rubber hose will not
last.  Remembering the mess with the original canister fitting I would
think that this is a simple and popular modification.  Has anyone done
this, recently, with the Moss parts kit and if so am I missing something
obvious?

Stand by; tomorrow I am going to work on the brakes :)

Thanks,

Mark Endicott

Over 50, Kids are OK (especially girls)
What's Overdrive?