Re: everybody's talking- another tangent -Reply

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net, mowogmg@dynanet.com, jpeck@ixc-comm.net
Subject: Re: everybody's talking- another tangent -Reply
From: Dan Hughes <Dan_Hughes@troweprice.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 1997 15:52:17 -0500
I don't care if you flame each other to death, but why don't you computer
experts e-mail just each other and stop taking up bandwidth posting on the
list?  I could really care less about who has done what for how long, unless
it pertains to the MG.  Thank you.

Just speaking my mind
Dan

>>> Kai  Radicke <mowogmg@dynanet.com> 04/24/97 02:28pm >>>
DEAR MG PEOPLE, IF YOU DON"T MIND I AM GOING TO FLAME
THIS SCUM BALL FOR ALL I CAN, PLEASE DELETE IF YOU DON"T  CARE.  THERE IS
NOTHING ABOUT MGS OR LBCS.

> As a side note to Kai, I've been wanting to let you know that I've  > found
your postings about the Internet interesting but usually  > off-target
(especially the one sounding an alarm about the FCC  > permitting phone
companies to charge Internet access fees, and the  > other about 56k modems).
You see, I've been working in the computer  > networking and Internet industry
since before you were born.  Hell,  > the "modem tax" scare has been making
the rounds since the late '70s.

I don't care if you have the brain of a Dolphin (they are smart), you are DAMN
WRONG. I never said a f**king thing about a modem tax,  I mentioned the FCC
and the RBOCs wanted to tax ISPs for the use of  the Telephone Infrastructure.
 Secondly, I didn't start that thread someone

else did, I'll be happy to go thru the MG List archives just so I can  prove
you wrong.

Next thing, I also didn't start the x2 thread, somebody wanted to know what x2
was, so I answered in a complete detailed letter to the List thinking it would
benefit everyone.

>  I've kept silent for a couple of reasons - at least you've taken an  >
interest in the net, you're not the only one spreading misinformation,  > and
I've just been plain too busy to respond.

You should have kept your mouth shut, you are making yourself look like a
fool, just because you aren't aware of the information available.  And the
above statement is false, as I said above your poor memory, got the modem tax
and phone tarriffs mixed up.

> I can also attribute it  > to your youth.

Let me think of a punishment for that one, you know you are really getting me
mad, normally I would have replied to privately, but since you made me look
like an asshole, I have the right to make you look like a bigger one.  But in
your case,
I will just make you look like a "dumb ass".

> So when you tell someone else to check the facts I  > find it ironic.  It
was disheartening to see the modem tax thing show  > up on the MG list though
- *way* off-topic, and the FCC chairman had  > issued a statement just the
week prior which clarified that this was  > *not* going to happen any time
soon.  I almost forwarded it to you.  >  If you ever want to get info on
what's really going on in the  > Internet industry drop me a note.

Get back in your cage, and have someone lock it!

I Know I am gonna get a bunch of replies from this lousy message, so just
don't make me madder than I am.  This dickhead just ruined my afternoon, I was
going to work my MGB, but now I am going to  search the archives and send him
the proper info about 10,000 times.

Regards,

KMR "don't get me angry, I always win"