Re: New '76 Midget Owner - just saying hello......

To: cfiddes@direct.ca
Subject: Re: New '76 Midget Owner - just saying hello......
From: Ross MacPherson <arm@unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 1997 21:55:55 -0700
At 03:15 PM 4/24/97 +0000, you wrote:
>Hello all!
>
>Just traded in my subscription to the watercooled VW list for a
>spanking new subscription to this one.  I've lurked for a couple of
>days and am elated to discover that folks who like MG's are at least
>as nice as those that like VW's.  (Careful - I still own the VW).

Welcome Chris!

I too own a wc VW (`86 Jetta) which I like alot, it's the wife's daily
driver.  It's not anything like an LBC and if I had to choose, the VW would
already be packing but I'd buy another in a minute.  I've never crossed
paths with an VW people so I can't compare but with a few notable exceptions
you'll find the LBC experience like nothing else I've ever come across.
I've been with at least one LBC for over twenty years and the people I've
met are among the best.

Plan on visiting the Van Duesen Gardens All British Field meet on May 17 if
you want to see the very best of LBC's and more than a few GWHBC's (Great
Whopping HUGE BC's). there is routinely 300-400 cars in a beautiful garden
setting and weather is (almost) guaranteed.  It's only rained once in 14
years. The wife, two kids, me, the TC and half our club will be there.

If you need any info on local stuff drop me a line.
   ___        \______           Ross MacPherson
  / __ \ __ /       /------|)   arm@unix.infoserve.net
/  (___)---------/ (___)        Vancouver, BC, Canada
 1947 MG-TC 3528                1966 MGB-GT