Re: Basic MGTD maintance questions...

To: "James T. Dunn" <103606.744@CompuServe.COM>
Subject: Re: Basic MGTD maintance questions...
From: Truxtun Southworth <tsouthworth@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 1997 19:25:32 +0000
Hello James,
I'll take a shot at your questions, first 90w120 is a multi-viscosity
gear oil which is fine for all T type rear ends and transmissions. I
use 90-140.  Remember do not over fill the rear end, by that I mean do
not fill to the top of the filler plug hole, just to the level plug.
If your TD has Armstrong dampers (shocks) then you should buy their
fluid. Try Abington Spares, they list it in their catalog.  If you have
Girlings you can use SAE 20 fork oil.
tire pressure, hummm... I run 155x15's and I keep them at 28 lbs. I'd
guess that would work with 165's also.

You didn't ask about engine oil so I'll assume you are using 20w50 in
the crankcase. One other thing, the next time I service my TF I'm
switching to a synthetic oil in the transmission. I understand that it
should help smooth out changing gears.
Hope this is some help.

Tuck Southworth
69 B (hers)